Friday, December 16, 2011

As I see it week 3 & 4

 What a week, at the start of last week I heard from a friend I hadn't seen in 3 months, someone I missed so very much. I also got chatting with my soul mate who I really miss. She understands me like no other, there are no words to actually describe what my life would be without her.




Anyway, what a fortnight it has been, I was in the UK and caught up with friends. My friend Imogen kindly let me stay at hers, which was nice, I had the pleasure of meeting her dad and finally met Fran too. Monday two weeks ago I went up to Sheffield to see Rachel and Hannah as well as Scoob and the cats. Its nice cause Rachel knows me fairly well and understands how life goes up and down. We went to see Arthour Christmas and for a bite to eat. The next day we all went to a village, it was stunning, a quaint place with ducks on the river and small streets with lovely shops, we went for a bite to eat and got me back to the traiin to get back to Imogen.



On the Wednesday I hit London, met up with a good friend, Nuala, I missed her loads. It was awesome, we went fo a dodgy Italian cafe then did touristy stuff, took photos of the sights and Christmas trees and then went to Hyde Park to the Christmas Market, awesome, so going back next year! They had everything from wooden ties (so cool) to candy floss, a circus to an ice skating rink (yes, I was tempted, ohhh bring on next year). It was freezing, couldn't feel my feet, but so worth it!



I travelled back to Ireland on the Thursday. I really wished I could have stayed longer. Anyway I got the train to the airport and got there in plenty of time. I only had carry on, so went for a look around the shops in the Airport before going to the gate, gate 50, I was brought by the assistance company, the guy remembered me from before. The gate was changed so someone came to help me to the other gate, I don't know if she was new to the job or was having an off day, but she didn't seem all there. However she was there to do a job, which she was doing. She assisted me to and and onto the aircraft and brought my bag for me too. I expected the flight to be rough as it was windy, but it was fine.



It took a while to disembark the aircraft as only the front door could be used due to windy conditions. I was brought down by lift and then brought into the airport. Then I knew I was back, the universe decided yet again to see how far I could be pushed, my carry on bag was missing! I went into baggage reclaim, the crew thought it might have been sent there, no joy! The Ryanair staff were amazing, took a report and details and said they'd track it down. I ended up staying at a friends house, by 9:30 I hadn't heard anything from the airport so rang them, but they had nothing to report! The next morning the Ryanair team rang and informed me my bag had appeard over night. So my friend and I went out to the airport, it was like we were on a secret mission, I had to find a phone by the jump juice bar and dail a digit and wait for instructions, which were to follow the yellow line. We waited at the end of the yellow line for my bag, I got it, I was delighted, opened it to check it, my laptop was missing! Very unimpressed! Yet another report had to be written up so I could claim off my travel insurence. The most gutting part is I lost it because I accepted and trusted the support which was offered!



Anyway I got back to Cork and met up with a friend for yummy food and drinks. Saturday was busy, I had to go shopping for my fantasy ball costume and meet a friend who I hadn't seen in a while and also go to some craft fairs as well as have dinner with the Meetup group, Vixen's Rainbow! I managed it all and arranged to meet my friend the next day too, oh he was selling flags and collecting so I got attacked by stickers, but didn't mind, it's become a yearly tradition and I missed him so much while he was away. I got a really nice hat at the LinC craft Fair too. I decided to go to the fantasy ball as a rock chick, that's right, I had a studed choaker, jeans with leather, tats, leather jacket and my 16 hole boots! It was a great night, much dancing was done. The venue was up stairs and the loos were up more stairs, not easy!



Sunday I went into town, met my friend again and most days this week, except Tuesday. Dad came up Tuesday and put up my decorations for me, the place looks good, not over done. Just not in the mood this year. At the end of September a really good mate of mine (who I am in the process of writing a blog about) past away, it really shook me, since then, my priorities have really changed, and right now, Christmas doesn't feel to be a main one. However having bits up about the house helps as well as Christmas shopping started! Yesterday another really good friend came up from Kerry so we went out for a few drinks which were really enjoyable, nice to see some familer faces.


Now I am off to try and sort out my travel insurance, oh fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment