Thursday, May 27, 2010

Memories of the Lesbian Lives 2010.

I went to my first lesbian lives last Febuary, first of many, it was in Dublin Ireland and was so incredibly refreshing. It was so nice to be around women who had interests in both political and cultural things, women who tend not to judge on whether you are standing or sitting, women who can pay you a compliment. As a lesbian with a disability I am currently finding it very challenging where I am currently living, even though there is a very vibrant scene and community, being in Dublin was so refreshing. I was actually up there to perform an integrated contemporary dance piece, which went really well, the feedback was amazing. If you want to get a flavour of intergrated dance you can search "croi glan" on youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment